The firm is on course to replace state-owned Gail India in the widely-followed index during the semi-annual review set for March.
Before the ban, Maggi commanded a market share of around 75 per cent. Following legal battles, the popular noodles brand was back in the market in November last year.
Nestle India has tied up with five cement manufacturing units.
Nestle relaunched Maggi noodles on November 9.
Nestle desires to relaunch Maggi by the end of this year.
On June 5, FSSAI banned Maggi noodles.
Nestl India is preparing a blueprint for a possible relaunch.
In fresh troubles for Nestle over safety standards of its famous Maggi noodle brand, the Uttrakhand Food Safety Department has collected samples of the 'two-minute' noodles from the company's Pantanagar plant and other places in the state.
Nestle says newly manufactured Maggi found safe in tests; to start retail sales this month.
The ash content in Maggi Masala was found to be 1.85 per cent, which is higher than the permissible limit of one per cent.
Nestle India resumed the production from Pantnagar.
The state government had in the first week of June banned Maggi sale in the state after the product failed the food safety test.
Some analysts see more upside in FMCG stocks given the performance gap between the sector and the market.
A huge stock of Maggi noodles was destroyed by Nestle after the ban was imposed by the food regulators.
Nestle India Ltd submitted to BSE a copy of the press statement.
It is not just Nestle India which has violated the regulatory and manufacturing standards leading to recall of its products.
Chocolate majors in India posted healthy top-line growth in FY19. While Mondelez India Foods - the marketer of Cadbury - continued to lead the pack, Nestle India, which dominates the confectionery space with leading brands like Kitkat and Munch, continues to hold the third spot in revenue. However, two of these companies - Mars International India and Hershey India - still remain in the red.
Higher prices are burdening household budgets and threatening the margins of leading manufacturers.
A case was lodged on Saturday against Nestle India in a local court here over safety standards of its Maggi product, while actors Amitabh Bachhan, Madhuri Dixit and Preity Zinta have also been separately dragged to the court for promoting the 'two-minute' noodles brand.
Nestle India said in a statement on Friday that its managing director for India, Etienne Benet, would move to the group's head office in Switzerland.
Nestle India had re-launched Maggi earlier this month with a mandate of being safe for consumption amid much fanfare
Canadian regulator did not find any health risk in consuming Maggi noodles
SBI was the biggest gainer in the Sensex pack, rallying up to 12 per cent, followed by Sun Pharma, HDFC, Tata Steel, Bajaj Finance, Maruti, ICICI Bank and Bharti Airtel.
Although large companies like Nestle, Dabur or HUL have been impacted by this slowdown in demand, it was the small, local players that have been hit harder.
Maggi ban: SC orders fresh testing at Mysore lab.
Maggi banned in Delhi for 15 days.
Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority of Singapore had taken samples of the noodles for testing.
Nestle India said it will continue with the existing formula of the product and not change the ingredients
Nestle India currently exports Maggi noodles to Canada, UK, Singapore and Kenya and to third parties in the US, Australia and New Zealand
The court was hearing a petition filed by Nestle India.
The company was, however, silent on the presence of the taste enhancer monosodium glutamate in the famous 'two-minute' noodle brand.
Companies from Nestle and ITC to Hindustan Unilever and Patanjali have pledged to reduce use of unhealthy ingredients by five to 50 per cent
Names such as Danone, Dabur, Mondelez and Abbott Healthcare have also figured on the list of suitors.
In Uttar Pradesh, standards for 'Macaroni products' are being applied for 'Instant Noodles with seasoning' which is erroneous and misleading, alleges Nestle.
Earlier in the day, the Kendriya Police Kalyan Bhandar circulated an order stating that 1,026 products manufactured by firms such as Bajaj, Dabur, VIP industries, Eureka Forbes, Jaquar, HUL (foods) and Nestle India will not be sold at CAPF canteens anymore as they are not 'swadeshi' or are prepared from 'purely imported products'.
Bajaj Finance was the top laggard in the Sensex pack, tanking up to 8 per cent, followed by M&M, Tata Steel, Bajaj Auto, ONGC, HDFC Bank and Kotak Bank. On the other hand, TCS, Tech Mahindra, HUL, Axis Bank and ITC were the top gainers.
The couple opened the package and saw live beetles inside the packet, which had a May 20, 2016 as the expiry date.
FMCG firms such as ITC, Parle Products, Marico, Emami, PepsiCo India and CG Corp Global on Wednesday assured uninterrupted supply of their products based on the learnings from the last year's lockdown, even as surge in COVID-19 cases in India forced Maharashtra to declare a 15-day curfew while other states also imposing various restrictions.
Fast Moving Consumer Goods major Nestle may face more action by the Uttar Pradesh Food Safety and Drug Administration, which is testing more batches of Maggi after ordering recall of a batch of about 2 lakh packs of the instant noodles due to higher than permitted levels of lead and a food additive.
Maggi re-entered the market on November 9.